Sunday, December 5, 2010

First Snowfall.

I love the first snowfall.  And this year is the first year I have been trying to run outside all year long.  So far has been really great going down to the lake front for my twice a week if I can runs.  The area I run has some of the best views of the city and being close to nature and no traffic really keeps me motivated.  So the day after it snowed I went out not knowing what to expect.  It was about 28 degrees outside the coldest out so far too.  I was amazed at how truly beautiful it was. The sky was cloudy with the sun peaking through and the few runners I did see all seemed to be enjoying it.  I warmed up about 5 minutes into the run.  My fingers were pretty cold though but at the end of the run I was feeling good.

I normally run up this hill at the end of my run but today all the kids were sledding down it so I watched wishing I had a sled! Looks like I may need to invest in one because it looks like so much fun.

2 comments: