Saturday, June 5, 2010

Games We Love To play

Games I play now and when I was a kid: Ghost in the Graveyard, Red Rover, Red Light Green Light, Tag, Kickball, Dodge ball, Monopoly, Kick the Can, Clue, Spin the Bottle, Quarters, I Never,  Left Right Center, Boggle, and my all time favorite Scrabble.  I love Scrabble even though I am the worlds worst speller okay maybe not the worst but really how do I play when I can't spell? But somehow I manage and still have fun.  I don't win very often because I play with people who are very competitive but still make it fun especially the times you spell silly or dirty words that get you a lot of points!  And a lot of laughs.  Games keep you young, expand your mind, let you have fun with people and drive you nuts in a good way hopefully. 

I also like puzzles and once I start one can't seem to pry me away till I'm done.  The vintage ones are the best. What kind of games do you like to play?

3 comments:

  1. Amy- I loved, loved, loved kick the can as a kid! We would play it in the alley for hours on end on summer nights and even cold fall evenings. Then, I would hear my dad whistle, his classic whistle that it was time to come in after playing all night long with the boys and girls who shared our alley. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. had some good scrabble times haven't we :P of course you gotta include dirty words hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Glad you have so many memories of the games we played! What about UNO? I remember in particular that Grandma P. played that with you all. Also I remember that many nights you also caught lightening bugs! When you were all younger "Sorry" was a favorite (and now I still enjoy playing it and will remember all the games I played (esp. with Adam) while visiting Australia in 2008. Puzzles were always a favorite of our family. You might also get the love of games from Grandma and Grandpa Dargis.

    ReplyDelete