Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sleep!

Sleep we all need it and we all love to sleep.  At least I do!  When I was little I remember having bad dreams like every other kid afraid of things I didn't understand.  I really do think your dreams tell you a lot about what your going through.  Fear, happiness, loss, frustration, anger.   I often look up what my dreams symbolize.  I dream a lot from time to time about tornadoes.  Not just because I'm fascinated by them but because they symbolize not having control over things in your life.

I used to sleep really well up until a few years ago then I developed insomnia which is not fun for a sleeper like me. They say that can happen with age.  I try and do things at night that help me sleep better. Sorry counting sheep does not help because the sheet are kind of noisy.   Yoga, eating light at dinner,  meditate, don't watch any TV before bed especially news or crime dramas, no intense books that might keep me awake, using lavender lotion,  writing,  talking to someone and lately I've been using this iphone app that simulates the rain.  The sound of the rain always helps me sleep.

Also don't sleep in much since I usually wake up really early.  But every once in a while if I'm really tired or I can clear my mind and its nice and cozy I can fall back asleep at least for another hour or 2.

I have tried to make my bedroom as cozy as possible since its probably the biggest bedroom I've ever had.  soft pillows and sheets, soft lighting, books next to my bed, water, candles from Tatine.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you about dreams having symbolic meaning. I love analyzing mine. Also like your bedding!

    ReplyDelete