Monday, July 5, 2010

Red, White and Blue


 
When I think of the 4th I think of fireworks, BBQ,  parades, red white and blue everything,  apple pie, being with family and friends, flags and sparklers.  I did decorate my bike when I was a a kid and won a Polaroid camera. Since living through a 4th of July fire in the apartment I was living at the time I try and create new fun memories but I'm still like one of those dogs who does not like hearing their neighborhood exploding all night long.  I would sleep in the bathtub or under the bed if I could escape all the noise.   This year we did a quick trip up to Milwaukee on the 3rd which was my first time there.  Its an amazing city and had a ton of fun with my friends Margo and Monica.
We stayed at The Iron Horse which was so amazing.








Harley Davidson is based here so you see and hear a lot of motorcycles.
We ate and drank our way through Summer Fest.



Which is this very large music festival right on the lake.  They had fireworks that went on for an hour or so while we watched Peter Frampton sing.  Sure did bring back memories of high school.

Thanks Margo and Monica!

1 comment:

  1. Your photos and comments are wonderful and amazing, just like you!!! Looking forward to your trip here in September.

    ReplyDelete