Sunday, October 3, 2010

Favorite Things

I have a favorite things I can't live without.  I know Oprah does her favorite things but I don't have enough money to give you all my favorite things so instead I am just going to write about them.   Not necessarily in any kind of order

1. My Uggs-yes I know everyone has them.  I have to be one of the first to bring them over when visiting my sister and her family in Australia.  I only wear mine around the house and to take the trash out.  They have lasted me about 15 years and they are the most cozy shoes to wear in winter months.





2. My iphone.

3. Milk and Honey granola. This local breakfast/lunch place makes their own and sells at places all over. I get mine at Whole Foods.  I'm waiting for Maggie my niece to make me some of her homemade granola I hear about!  I eat it with fruit and yogurt almost everyday for breakfast.


4. Newman's pretzels.  I have been a fan of his company and products for a long time.  I love that they give so much of the profits to charity.  These pretzels have 5 grams protein per serving so they are a great work snack.  Great dipping into humus or good mustards too.

5. Tatine Candles.  My friend Margo makes the most amazing candles.  I light them almost everyday.  Pumpkin ones are my favorite this time of year.

6. KEXP radio.  Love this Internet radio station.  Listen all day at work.  I get to hear a lot of new music and some great old stuff too.

7.  Apartment Therapy: love this website/blog.  I get so some much great information from it.

8.  This warm fuzzy blanket I got a Target few years ago.  Great for snuggling up on the sofa.

9. Yogi tea.  I drink some coffee usually a soy latte once or twice a week but I try and drink more tea. I love that they have quotes at the end of the string of the tea bag.  They are so inspirational to read.

Says "True Understanding is Found Trough Compassion"


10.  Lucas Pawpaw ointment: This stuff is amazing.  I do not go anywhere without it.  I bring back some every time I go to Australia and pass on to my friends I love it so much. Use it on my lips and hands when they are dry.  Great for the winter months.

What are some of our favorite things?

4 comments:

  1. yay for ugg boots and lucas pawpaw! Australia is amazing :P

    my favourite things include my pointe shoes, postcards, my camera and my pride and prejudice novel :D

    Love Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your blog. I will send you some granola soon! hope it hasn't been hyped too much. haha. Still loving the Milk and Honey, we will have to go there when I visit. ALso, listening to KEXP right now! surfer blood. yayy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Tatine candle!!! Maggie and I saw some when we were in Athro in Kansas City.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only it were like facebook, i would 'like' Grace's comment - i was going to write the same thing :P

    Australia is totally awesome hehe :P

    <3

    ReplyDelete