Sunday, April 11, 2010



Has been really nice spring here in Chicago so far. Though we did have a really cold day this week and saw some light snow flakes. Everything is starting to bloom. I love spring here since our winters are so long. Just being outside and feeling the sun is such a gift. For the things that have happened to my family recently I cherish these days even more. When I'm on my runs or bike rides listening to new music I think about how lucky I am to have such great friends and family. Some highlights from the week. Seeing Robbie Fulks play at my favorite venue THE HIDEOUT. He is playing every Monday night at 7 which makes it easy to get home early on a week night. 
 

Tried Bikram yoga which is a series of yoga poses done in a room about 95 or something. Feels like a sauna and its very challenging. I think I like the normal yoga better but good for me to try something new.

 
My friends and I have our after work "meetings" every Friday where we get together at different bars and share our weeks stories and just laugh and have some fun. This week was the Map Room 
 which was packed because a beer convention for craft beers was going on so lots of beer geeks on hand and some free samples and food. We had to leave to relocate because some of our friends couldn't get in because the bar was full so we went to our old standby The Green Eye. My friend Bill will need to scout some new locations for the spring/summer season because we like to be outside. Last night I went the Hideout again and saw a sold out show from a musician Bill Callahan. It was just him and his guitar. Everyone was so into it and not a sound from the crowd. His songs are really sad about loss, love, family and he sings a lot about birds and trees. I enjoyed it though I felt like I needed a shot of whiskey when it was over.  Spent my Sunday going to see my friend Carter who is selling records at this record fair.  I love looking through old albums brings back memories! And ended up at one of my favorite lunch spots Milk and Honey.


2 comments:

  1. Dear Amy:
    It was so good to hear from you today....and you certainly cheered dad by your call. Loved your blog and about what you are doing. I won't understand the music thing but while reading it I thought about how much my mom and dad loved all kinds of music. I know dad loved country and remember that one of my visits, they took me to a restaurant where a local country band was playing. Know also that Kevin Dargis is into the music scene in Cincinnati. Think about coming to the Dargis Family reunion in July. Blessings always to you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so inspirational with the bikram yoga, I hear that is pretty intense. I need to take a yoga class. miss you!

    ReplyDelete