Sunday, April 25, 2010

Amy's Day Off

Friday I decided to take the day off, play hooky, take a mental heath day whatever you like to call it. I was due for one!  I get a lot of sick days at work and generally I like to plan something for the day that is if I'm not actually sick.  If its winter I like to just stay in bed for a while, watch bad TV, drink tea and read magazines all day.  If its nice out I like to go for long bike ride, read at a cafe outside or go to the beach.  So Friday I decided to first do some garden work-boy does my condo yard have a lot of weeds!


  Then went to my favorite cafe for lunch called Milk and Honey had this amazing cream of mushroom soup with truffle oil and some home made lemonade which went perfectly together.


After I went to go work with my friend Margo at her studio.  She makes these amazing soy/bees wax candles.  I enjoyed the afternoon helping her out boxing up candles for shipping. I love working at her studio is smells so good, in the spring smells like flowers and nature!  Her studio is so warm and inviting with rock posters everywhere and great tunes playing on the stereo. We laugh and sing and talk about life.  I would love to quit my job and work for her..maybe someday!
Tatine Candles





 To end out the day I then meet my friends for Friday drink "meeting" .  They decided to go to this place called Rainbo.  When I first moved here to Chicago it was the bar I went to the most. Its this dark bar with the windows blacked and old stage behind the bar and great old booths to cozy up in.  It used to be one of the smokiest bars around late at night.  Its so much better smoke free!  They change the art work up on the walls and this time they had some strange ventriloquist paintings like Charlie McCarthy and Howdy Doody.  It was so creepy and I felt like I was in some kind of Steven King movie. Was nice to catch up with friends and listen to some old 80's music oh and they have a photo booth!



Sometimes you just need to take a work day off and do something fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment