Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Outside Lands Music Festival Lucky Winner!


So I love to enter contest.  I enter spa trips cause I just want to be pampered somewhere really cool,  sometime to win some kind of cool prize but mostly I enter to win a trip to a music festival or a concert.  I want to travel more and I am a huge music geek so I figure if I ever win then I could do both.  I never think I'm going to win just fun to dream.  So when I entered a contest on facebook for apple/itunes trip to this music festival in San Francisco I never dreamed I would win but I got a phone call/email and was pretty much in shock till I left for the airport and realized it was real.

So I got picked up from the airport in a limo which was so amazing.  We stayed at the St. Francis Weston right on the square downtown San Francisco which is a beautiful historic hotel.

I brought my friend John along because I've known him for a very long time and I used to bring him to shows all the time when I worked in the music business and got free tickets.  He loves music as much as I do.  I must say San Francisco had perfect fall like weather and it felt so good after being in hot Chicago all summer.  And as I pointed out to my friend no mosquitoes or flies which was a shock to him but an added bonus for us as we walked around enjoying the sites.  The first night John got a recommendation for this natural wine bar called Terroir Natural Wine Merchant.  Had this great rustic feel and they played records which is always a treat.  We were hungry so the owner suggested checking out the food truck across the street called Chez Spencer .  They helped us pick a wine that went really well with our food. We enjoyed meeting new people and our first night was a complete success.







Next morning we were ready to head to the Outside Lands. We met our wonderful host Melody and her fiance Nick and headed to the festival.  We had VIP so I was loving the nice restrooms and beverage/ lounging area.  The festival is held in  Golden Gate Park which is breathtaking.  I could not believe how tall the trees were and couldn't ask for a better backdrop to see some great music.
Local Vineyards Tent
VIP area







The weekend was amazing and one I will never forget.  Great place, great bands, great food, great people and what an adventure we had.  Thanks so much to everyone involved in making my weekend so special.  I am very lucky!!

Day 1:
Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars-full of energy
Levon Helm Band-great country sounds
Bassnector
My Morning Jacket
Tokyo Police Club-loved them really got the crowd going
Wolfmother
Cat Power
The Stokes

Day 2:
Amos Lee
Soft Pack-fun
The Temper Trap- Australia guys who really know how to rock.  My favorite of the fest.
Al Green
Chromeo- Did some dancing.
Phoenix- French guys who knew they could be so good
Social Distortion
Kings of Leon




No comments:

Post a Comment