Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bike Rides

I love my bike rides. I ride as much as possible in the summer and love the smells. In the morning its coffee and donuts and other parts of the day its spices, bbq, hot dogs, flowers, fresh cut grass and some not so great smells which I will not bring up.  Sunrise rides are really cool. Nothing better than seeing a sunrise along the lake.  Yes I know 5:00 am is pretty early but you get to see the most interesting people and things.  I saw a guy running without shoes, a few walk of shames, and a few who were looking for some paid action, street people looking for food and sleeping where they can. 
Love seeing the sailboats, the birds, the shirtless men running doesn't hurt either, the views are spectacular, the golf course along the lake I'm always afraid of a stray ball hitting me some day, a stop at the dog beach is always fun.  Watching the dogs play and run around. I've chased a thief on my bike who I watched steal someones bike who was laying down resting and wasn't paying attention.  I didn't catch him but I'm sure I scared him some! Also had to give a cyclist CPR who went down right in front of me. That was really scary. I'm glad I knew how. Saw a guy taking a nap in a grocery cart and a man riding his bike with a giant inner tube around his waist.  I don't know how he did it without falling off!



I try and commute to work most of the summer so give my car a rest and be outside as much as possible gets me through the day.  I have been hit a few times in the past but never had any serious injuries thank goodness.  I did think about changing my profession to stunt woman once.  Have to be really careful in the city.  When I ride out in the country so much easier and free and really more relaxing.  I have an old Schwinn I ride for fun rides and its like being a kid again. Love the freedom it gives me and never have to worry about parking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment